1. Foreign Language Experience: In
these sessions the trainees learn what it’s like to be a foreign language
learner. It makes them understand their problems better and see things from the
students’ point of view.
2. Language Awareness: The trainees’ knowledge of Basic English Grammar is brushed up and there’s a session on Phonology too, that covers rhythm, stress and intonation.
3. Teaching Techniques: A number of techniques are taught including:
Warmers (Tuning In To A Class)
Teaching Young Learners
Games and Projects
Teaching through Songs and Chants
4. Observation of 2 lesson demos: Trainees observe model lessons that will help them with their own teaching practice.
5. Teaching Practice: Besides 2 sessions of teaching their peers, the trainees will have 5 other teaching practice classes. They will be observed by their trainers and given a feedback.
6. Self Evaluation: After the teaching practice, the trainees will reflect on it and write about it.
7. Peer Observation: They will be observed by their peers and receive a feedback from them.