The trainees will be evaluated by the trainers throughout the course.
This will include:
1. The Foreign Language Journal—nature of self-reflection and insights into teaching and learning.
2. The grammar and phonology test based on the input sessions.
3. The seven lesson plans –are they detailed and complete with the objectives clearly stated?
4. The practice teaching sessions (2 peer teach lessons and 5 individual lessons)
5. Self-analysis after every teaching session to reflect on that day’s teaching experience. Are there any critical insights?
6. Peer feedback from other trainees.
7. Aids used—How effective were they? Were they used properly? Were there any improvements in later materials?
8. Cultural sensitivity, level of cooperation and interaction with peers and trainers.
Is the trainee teacher a good role model for others?
The above evaluation will form the basis of certification at the end of the course.